Increasing national economic development is a necessity for the country. The scientists that lead research at CARE Chile UC are committed to promote technological transfer, achieving significant progress regarding the granting of patents and licenses.
The emphasis on knowledge management has enhanced the development of applications with commercial value, such as those achieved between 2008-2014.
– Pharmacological therapy for Duchenne muscular dystrophy.
– Galectin-8 as a neuroprotector for the treatment of stroke and neurodegenerative diseases.
– Botanical drug extracted from Gracilaria chilensis for the treatment of diabetes and neurological damage.
– The use of Paractin in the treatment of skeletal muscle fibrosis.
– Combination of three natural products for the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease.
– Gracilaria chilensis for Alzheimer’s disease.
– The use of a botanical drug for the activation of the Wnt signaling pathway to improve cognitive defects in patients with Duchenne muscular dystrophy.