Biological Sciences, Universidad de Chile (1979)
PhD, Cell and Molecular Biology, PUC (1985)
Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Massachussetts, USA (1988)
Faculty of Biological Sciences
Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile
Phone: (56-2) 223542725
• Connective tissue growth factor (CTGF/CCN2) and its relationship with fibrosis and hypoxia in denervation and neuromuscular diseases.
• Using inhibitors of NFKB in muscular dystrophy animal models.
• Study of the alternative Ang-1-7/ACE2/MAS axis in the modulation of fibrosis and reparation of skeletal muscle tissue.
• Search for protein derived inhibitors of TGF-b and CTGF, two strong fibrotic agents.
• Study the role of CTGF in skeletal muscular fibrosis by approaches of loss or gain of function of CTGF
• Use the antibodies against CTGF and their effect on skeletal muscular fibrosis.
• Determine the role of the Renin-Angiotensin-System on skeletal muscular fibrosis.
• Use of botanical drug to inhibit skeletal muscular fibrosis and determine their effect on skeletal muscular function.
• Determine the extent of cell therapy under different fibrotic conditions to correct dystrophin deficiency in DMD.